SHOW NOTES 10-20-21
TOP 30 INGREDIENTS FOR A LUXURIOUS HOLIDAY
British adults deem a holiday ‘luxurious’ if they can enjoy a ‘swim up bar’, infinity pools and strolling by a marina sprinkled with millionaire’s yachts.
With travel restrictions easing, a survey has revealed what travelers deem to be ‘luxurious’, with a five-star hotel, stunning views and access to a private swimming pool or hot tub also featuring.
Other luxuries to make the top 30 list include sleeping in a super-king-size bed and lots of complimentary goodies.
A spokesperson for Jet2holidays, which commissioned the study to celebrate the ten-year anniversary of its Indulgent Escapes brand, said: “Luxury has many meanings when it comes to holidays.
“But this research shows the key ingredients which are guaranteed to take a getaway to the next level and make it truly indulgent.
“With us all having been stuck at home for the better part of two years dreaming about our perfect holiday, it’s no wonder that people are turning daydreams into reality.
“We have seen bookings for luxury holidays double in recent weeks.”
The study also saw Italy named as the most luxurious location by 34 per cent of the 2,000 adults polled, followed by glamorous Greece (20 per cent).
And the perfect break was deemed to be just 11 days on average, not the full two-weeks as is tradition for a getaway.
Early summer in June was picked as the perfect time to get away on a luxury trip – although nearly as popular are September getaways.
However, 51 per cent have never had what they would describe as a genuinely luxurious holiday.
Of those who are dreaming of taking one, they estimate they’ll need savings of up the £4,500 to make it happen.
And 45 per cent believe they need a luxury break now more than ever.
THE TOP 30 INGREDIENTS WHICH MAKE A HOLIDAY LUXURIOUS:
1. Five-star hotel
2. Stunning views
3. Peace and quiet
4. A private swimming pool or hot tub
5. Gourmet food and extensive a la carte menus
6. King-sized/super king-sized bed
7. Staying in a suite
8. Beautiful beachfronts
9. Room service
10. Own lounge area/ sun loungers/ terrace
11. Private transfer to and from the hotel
12. Staying somewhere exclusive
13. Spa facilities
14. Complimentary dressing gown/slippers/nightwear in hotel room
15. Waiter service on the beach/around the pool
16. Complimentary in-flight drinks
17. Landscaped gardens
18. A Michelin star restaurant
19. An infinity swimming pool
20. Being able to switch off
21. Priority lane pass through security at airport
22. Being surrounded by nature
23. Experiencing new cultures/seeing new things
24. A boutique hotel
25. A ‘swim up bar’
26. Extra baggage allowance
27. An evening turn-down service
28. Luxury marina with millionaire’s yachts
29. Anywhere where I don’t need to think about work
30. Family activities